Friday, April 13, 2012

My Creation Come To Life - Brooks' Nursery!

As a reading teacher, one of my VERY favorite books is "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle.  I love almost all of the books by this author, and it only seemed a natural choice for a beautiful nursery! 
I also wanted something gender neutral, just in case in the future the Good Lord blesses us with another "little" !
Although this nursery took a lot of time, and a lot of contribution from others, I am SO happy with the way it turned out!  I love it, and I am sure "baby Brooks" as he has affectionately been named, will too!

 Caterpillar Wall Hanging made by Dawn at Bada's Boutique in Conover


 Beautiful Crib and bedding - I stood in line on Black Friday to get a GREAT deal on the crib and furniture, then had the bedding hand-made by Dawn at Bada's Boutique in Conover!
 Cute curtains made by Dawn at Bada's Boutique, a lampshade I ordered from Etsy, and a few other accessories!
 The chair Kevin drove me all the way to Charlotte to pick up - it is so comfy and was a GREAT deal!
 Just a few of the "supplies" and storage we needed!
 I crocheted this cocoon and hat set for little man to take his newborn pictures in - LOVE it!

 My attempt at "Pinterest" Art!  Took a while, but I love the outcome!
 Of course I've already started his "library"!!
 Beautiful bedding - pillows made by Brooks' great-aunt Sandy and bedding/bumper made by Dawn at Bada's Boutique in Conover!

 Brooks' VERY special blankie made just for him by his great-aunt Sandy!
 Just a portion of the BEAUTIFUL quilt made by great-aunt Sandy!
 Quilt dedication - just for our baby boy!

 Isn't it just FANTASTIC?!!


 A very special friend gave us this doggie for Brooks.  Our veterinarian for our little angel, Lily, brought this as her gift to Brooks.  The inscription on the card made tears come to my eyes, and I will always remember the symbolism with this little doggie.  I know it will become one of his favorite toys someday!
 THE caterpillar.  My sister used Chinese lanterns to make this for my baby shower (which was AMAZING!) and I asked it I could use it for his room - it really looks great in there and I love it - so creative and original!
 Changing table area - all ready to go!
 The beautiful quilt on display until Brooks is old enough to use it!
Cutie little diaper bag made by Dawn at Bada's Boutique!
And the last creation I "ordered" from Dawn/Bada's Boutique.  This door hanger will hang on the door at the hospital, where we will be able to fill in the chalk board with his date of birth, time of birth, weight and length.  Once we have settled in at home, I am going to take it back to Bada's to get Dawn to embroider this information on the bottom, so he always has it as a keepsake!

I absolutely LOVE his room and can't believe how well it turned out.  Hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures of all the hard work done by everyone involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment