Friday, April 13, 2012

Ultrasound Pictures and Segments

We decided (well, more I decided) to hire Deidra with Watch Me Grow Ultrasound in Statesville, NC to do some 3d/4d ultrasounds of our little one.  On November 8, we went to the first one, and boy was the baby stubborn.  We DID, however, definitely find out that the baby was a BOY.  He was NOT shy about this at all, showing us the "goods" immediately!  Otherwise, he was very stubborn.  He was head down in my tummy, and turned with his face toward my spine, so we got a lot of back/hiney pictures that day!  Here are a few pictures, including the "gender reveal"!

 Here is the ONLY profile shot we got that evening!
 Lying upside down, feet in the air, but you can see his little toes!
 This is actually the first shot she took of the evening ... needless to say, we were not held in suspense for long!
 Here, Deidra showed us the headFULL of hair this little man already had!  So exciting!
Here is a picture of his arms outstretched. 
My Daddy said "I think I already see a wrench in that hand!"
Although he was stubborn, we did get these shots out of the experience, which was wonderful.  I will definitely go back to Deidra in the future when more babies come our way!


Deidra was so nice and allowed us to come back 10 days later and try to get some better pictures of him.  On the way to her office, I drank a 20-oz Mountain Dew, which definitely got him going, since I had had NO caffeine whatsoever since finding out I was pregnant!

Here are some pictures from this visit, where we got better 3d pictures this time:
Little man's best profile shot the entire pregnancy - I love this picture!


Here, as with MANY other pictures of him throughout the pregnancy, he has his hands AND feet up to his face!  He loves sucking on hands and feet, or so we've found out!


LONG legs, which I have felt all over my tummy!

He LOVES to suck on his hands and fingers!


Here, I love how you can count his fingers as he reached for his foot to grab it!
This is also one of my very favorite shots - I love those big feet-  can't wait to kiss 'em!

At the end of this ultrasound, Deidra was showing us a "heat map" in my belly of where the umbilical cord was laying.  It was kind of underneath Brooks, but then wrapped up around his body near his face.  Right as she was showing us this, he took his hand and batted it out of the way!  SO NEAT!  Here's the clip:


After many months of waiting and preparing for Mr. Brooks, we were supposed to go back to Deidra for our "watch me grow" session.  Both Kevin and I got really sick right before we were supposed to go with a nasty stomach bug, so we had to postpone this appointment.  We were supposed to go February 3rd, but had to reschedule to February 9th.  I was disappointed, but it was worth the wait!
When we arrived and got settled in, the little one proved his stubborn streak again!  We had to wrestle him, turn me around every which way, and basically make me stand on my head (not really!) to get him to cooperate.  It was AMAZING how much he had changed!  We did get some awesome shots though - check them out:

My favorite one!
So chubby and cute - with all that HAIR!!!


Love the smile on his face in this shot!


Here, you can see hands up by his face (as usual) and those LONG eyelashes!

Here's that BIG foot again!  So neat how you can see all the parts!


And here we are, with our foot/toes in our mouth!  Flexible little boy, I'd say!


Here, he just got completely stubborn and put his whole hand up to his face! 
Funny little boy!


And ... we are definitely still a boy - it was at this point Deidra said "Paint all the BLUE you want to dear, this one's a boy and PROUD OF IT!"

Deidra was wonderful and we REALLY enjoyed getting to know her along with seeing our baby boy in his cozy environment!  I would recommend her to ANYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment